Blood donations from our generous volunteer blood donors enable us to support life in the communities we serve. We understand that not everyone is eligible or able to donate blood, and that even our most loyal donors have a limit to the number of times they can donate.
To that end, the Blood Science Foundation supports LifeSource and the Institute for Transfusion Medicine (ITxM) in fulfilling their mission to advance cutting-edge research and provide a safe and ample blood supply that meets the needs of the healthcare communities, patients, and donors in our service areas.
The Blood Science Foundation Is Committed To:
- Providing education and increasing awareness of blood donation challenges
- Raising funds to increase blood donations by improving the blood donor experience and upgrading vehicles used for blood drives
- Continued funding of research projects
- Supporting transfusion medicine training of the next generation of physicians
- Growing our patient care delivery geographically and expand the services offered
- Additional initiatives that support the mission
For more information about the Blood Science Foundation, or to make a contribution, please click here.