LifeSource realizes our customers’ patient transfusion needs vary. So we provide components and service solutions that give you one company you can rely on, with a commitment to provide the best and most advanced products and services in transfusion medicine services.
- Reliable, 24/7 delivery of products ensures not only your stock components arrive when you need them, but that STAT orders are a phone call away.
- ISBT 128 labeling technology which ensures highest level of accuracy, safety and efficiency through fewer misreads and identifications errors versus other labeling methods.
- Access to one of the largest inventories of hard to find HLA typed components from our Immunohematology Reference Laboratory.
- LifeSource physicians and blood center experts that can help answer questions ranging from “What’s the best way to maximize my inventory levels?” to “How does this component impact the patient’s care?”
- Special hospital based programs like the Hospital Donor Recruitment Program- which allows your hospital to make a positive contribution to the area’s blood supply and your cost for blood at the same time.
Transfusion Management Services
ITxM Clinical Services’ experts know that quality and cost effective healthcare go hand in hand. We provide customers with significant and sustained cost savings, while providing practice information for optimal patient care.
Our proven, on-site transfusion services and clinical support from leading transfusion medicine physicians delivers:
- Improved operational efficiencies
- Decreased product wastage
- Lower per admission transfusion rates
- Transfusion medicine expertise
The ITxMSM Hemapheresis Clinic provides outpatient apheresis services to Chicago area’s patients. Our hemapheresis clinic provides expert care, in a friendly, comfortable environment.
- Mononuclear Cell (MNC) Collections
- Stem Cell Collections for the National Marrow Donor Program
- Low Density Lipoprotein (LDL) apheresis
Immunohematology Reference Testing
Our transfusion medicine reference laboratory excels in antibody testing and providing compatible blood components for patients with serological problems. Our services help you choose safe and beneficial transfusion treatments for even the most complicated patients.
- Available 24/7, fast, accurate test results, most in less than 8 hours
- Access to an extensive local inventory driven by three blood centers
- Access to frozen rare units for use in unusual compatibility cases
- Consults available from ITxM physicians who are experts in transfusion medicine, who work with your physicians to select the best transfusion treatment choices for your patients
- The only AABB accredited immunohematology reference lab in the Chicago area
Contact us today for more information about these or our other ITxM and LifeSource services.